Conrad's Fate (at last)

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jun 7 05:57:24 EDT 2005

Paul wrote:
> (I have an impression that there's a precedent in DWJ for people
> taking powers in vain and then getting squished when the powers
> actually show up, but I can't think where at the moment.)

Time of the Ghost- although it's perhaps a bit unfair to say they are taking powers in vain, when as far as they know they made her up. Is there something of the sort in Power of Three, or am I misremembering? Something about the putting curses on in the names of the Powers? Hexwood, where the Reigners try to use the Bannus and it ends up using them?
Jennifer