OT: song

Mon Jun 6 16:57:48 EDT 2005

Aimee Smith wrote:

"Well you can't chop your papa up in
Massechutses (sp?)"

"...Mas. is a far cry from New York!"

The tale of lizzie bawden. Hilarious song!
Weird anyway. On the internet radio just now.

Anyone in America know it?

Aimee.

Yes, I just got a CD copy of New Faces of 1952 in which the song was
introduced to a breathless populace <g>  In the show, the problem is that
the regular Saturday night hoedown can't be held because they have to have a
trial.  I also heard a later version that omits the hoedown setup...

Alison
Massachusetts is a far cry from New York...