Transcript of Page 2

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Thu Jul 28 16:04:21 EDT 2005

It was not until I had children myself - an equally disturbing
experience, but much more educational - that I started to write books
for children. I have three sons and I always used to consult them about
what I wrote until they got too old. They regard my habit of writing as
mildly extraordinary - particularly the way I sit all by myself
laughing at what I am writing - but they seem to like the results on
the whole. I now live in Bristol with my husband, who is a Professor of
English and also helps me with what I write, in a house with a mass of
stairs and a very bossy dog. I continue to do peculiar things whenever
I get the opportunity.

DIANA WYNNE JONES' BOOKS FOR CHILDREN

WILKIN'S TOOTH (1973)
THE OGRE DOWNSTAIRS (1974)
EIGHT DAYS OF LUKE (1975)
CART AND CWIDDER (1975)
DOGSBODY (1975)
POWER OF THREE (1976)
CHARMED LIFE (1976)
DROWNED AMMET (1976)
WHO GOT RID OF ANGUS FLINT? (1978)
THE SPELLCOATS (1979)
THE MAGICIANS OF CAPRONA (1980)
THE FOUR GRANNIES (1980)
THE HOMEWARD BOUNDERS (1981)
THE TIME OF THE GHOST (1981)
WITCH WEEK (1982)
WARLOCK AT THE WHEEL (1984)
ARCHER'S GOON (1985 - Methuen)

AWARDS

Guardian Award 1977
Runner-Up to Carnegie Medal 1975 and 1977
Runner-Up to Whitbread Award 1982

Someone else can type up the other one :-)

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 28-Jul-2005