Christianity in the Chrestoverse

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Mon Jul 25 01:46:41 EDT 2005

On 23/7/05 12:04 AM, "Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale)"
<Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com> wrote:

.

> Technologically, definitely not Renaissance.  Mario Andretti drives a
> car, right at the beginning, we are told that if we are using a really
> effective spell, whether to grow tomatoes or improve reception on our
> radio (radio?  Didn't even see those in CL!), it's likely to have come
> from Caprona.

I hadn't forgotten about the technology when I spoke about the Rennaisance
feel to Magicians. I always liked that it and Charmed Life had for me,
specific historical resonances, but they also had some technological
advances. Always worked for me, just a side-effect of the whole
world-splitting deal. I think the fact that I never had cause to question
any of this says much for Diana's world-building.

And no-one will EVER convince me that Caprona is anything but Catholic!

Judith (lapsed protestant)

Judith Ridge
Editorial Staff
The School Magazine