Christianity in the Chrestoverse

Elizabeth Bentley elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com
Sun Jul 24 16:57:32 EDT 2005

On 22/7/05 22:47, "Hallie O'Donovan" <hallieod at indigo.ie> wrote:

> She just threatens hysterics then (Chrestomanci says 'Thank the Lord'
> when she's led away instead of having them though), but does later
> call on both God and the 'mother of God'.   Philip's confession - or
> rather, Philip's memory that the other side are accused of not going
> to confession, convinced me anyway.  I'd have thought myself there'd
> be a bit more of a problem about marrying an English woman, or any
> other non-Catholic, but don't remember anything.

But there are English Catholics, so she could be both! One of my favourite
authors, Antonia Forest, features an 'old' Catholic family.

EB
Elizabeth Bentley
mailto:elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com

School Librarians Network is a forum where UK school librarians (and MROs
and support staff) can exchange news, views and ideas and give each other
mutual support.