Christianity in the Chrestoverse

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Thu Jul 21 19:58:25 EDT 2005

On 22/7/05 3:46 AM, "Dorian E. Gray" <israfel at eircom.net> wrote:

> Why do you characterise Caprona as Renaissance?  Other than Italy still
> being little city-states (and I can't remember when or how or why it got
> unified in our world), I can't think of anything to warrant that
> description.  Could you explicate, please?

I don't have my copy of Magicians here at work, so I can't check up on
details, but I've certainly always thought of it as such. All those
Shakespearian overtones: Romeo and Juliet, even the title echoes Two
Gentlemen of Verona... And yes, the city states is part of it. I'm also no
doubt influenced by the cover of the edition I own, which has Angelica and
Tonino in clothing that evokes that period.

I'll try and re-read on the weekend (ha! fat chance!) and see if I can find
any other details that makes me assume this.

Judith

Judith Ridge
Editorial Staff
The School Magazine