Christianity in the Chrestoverse

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jul 20 15:29:31 EDT 2005

> Yes, that was kind of my point.  If other things that can be called gods
> really exist, in a way that's known by at least powerful people like
> Chrestomanci, where do they fit in to Christian theology?  If the Hindu
> pantheon demonstrably exists, eg, then do Christians just think of them as
> demons?  The Hindu pantheon might not like that.  I can see ways in which
> they might be fit into Christian theology, but I think it would have to
> make for a different Christian theology than the one that I'm vaguely
> aware of.

Hm... One school of the old testament writers speak about other people's
gods as non-existent, but another simply sees them as inferior beings or
demons. In fact, that is the line that US Fundamentalist Christians take
on many other religions, esp. the 'neopagan' ones. Tiresome.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"'In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.' Well, for
years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." - _Harvey_, by Mary Chase