'Dumbledore's death', Pottermania and Neil Gaiman

Emma Comerford emmaco at tpg.com.au
Mon Jul 18 08:06:10 EDT 2005

At 11:28 PM 17/07/2005, Aimee Smith wrote:
>Don't tell me if those posts were spoilers or not - that would be spoiling
>it. But I hope you weren't referring to events in HP6!
>What a horrific thought.
>I am being stoic and sensible and refusing to buy it for more than half
>it's rrp. $40 indeed!
>But if I can get it cheapish (or free off a friend) then I'll read it
>asap. I'm itching to find out for myself before people start spoiling it
>for me!
>Can't wait.
>I also can't wait to see Neil Gaiman on Thursday night. Anyone from the
>list in Brisbane who will be at Pulp Fiction bookstore for the signing?
>If I can't go to conflux at least I'll get a book signed and listen to him
>speak. That man is a genius with words and fantastic realism.
>Aimee.

I thought I wouldn't be greedy as I just saw Neil at Continuum in
Melbourne. He was fantastic - he read out part of "Anansi Boys" (sounded
really good), signed patiently for hours and managed to seem interested in
everyone, acted very witty on all of his panels...generally a fantastic con
guest! Have fun meeting him on Thursday!

Emma

(And for those interested, I'm updating my blog at
http://www.livejournal.com/users/emmaco/ with details of the con...only
some of it's there at the moment as I'm exhausted! I met Kathleen and Ros
off the list which was fantastic).