Pottermania

Ian Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Sat Jul 16 01:28:02 EDT 2005

It's 12:26am Central Time here in Madison, Wisconsin, USA. I just got
home from the local Borders where I waited with hundreds of other
madpeople to get HP6. I really should leave it till the morning, but
I'm going to read at least the first chapter before sleeping.

No shame here. Looking forward to it.

g'night

widdy

On Jul 15, 2005, at 9:05 PM, Juliette Curtis wrote:

> I admit it. I confess. I bought HP6. It went on sale here in Perth,
> Western Australia, at 7.01am so I got up early and queued up
> outside Angus and Robertson bookshop in Murray Street. There were
> only about 20 people there, probably because it was a bit early and
> cold for many people, but I was there in my long coat and warm
> leather gloves and I bought it.
>
> Unfortunately I have to work today so HP6 is still wrapped in its
> pastic shopping bag and sitting on the far corner of my desk. I am
> trying to avoid looking at it because I know I will not be able to
> put it down if I start reading it now. It must wait for tonight.
>
> Is anybody else willing to admit they bought it?
>
> DJW is superior, of course, but the HP books are thoroughly
> entertaining and I enjoy them a lot. And, to be fair to myself, I
> also rushed out and bought CF the instant it hit the bookshops.
>
> Please forgive me!
> Juliette
>

> --

-----
A boy will never be made to understand, of an evening when he is in
the midst of a captivating story--a boy will never be made to
understand by a demonstration based upon his case alone, that he must
interrupt his reading and go to bed.
-Franz Kafka
-----
Ian Riddell