Off topic RE: Ballet Shoes (was RE: DWJ sans frontiers)

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Tue Jul 5 13:53:09 EDT 2005

Well, I suppose it does mean something that nobody else on this list really
understands the reference, either. At least I don't feel I'll be committing
a very obvious and embarassing mistake if I just make a stab at it.
First thing, even before writing this list to ask, I ran a google search on
the expression, and did independently find some links that suggested
"sweller" is a name for a part of an organ. However this doesn't shed any
new light and doesn't really make sense in the context (whereas car parts
would have made sense, because the characters in question share an interest
in taking apart cars, and are in fact on their way to a garage). It seems
either this is a dated or obscure joke, or it wasn't really all that funny
to begin with.
Thanks to all who responded, even if we haven't cracked it yet...
Gili