OT: New Bujold

Ian Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Tue Jul 5 08:45:43 EDT 2005

This is all very well and good . . . but where's the next Vorkosigan
book??????

widdy
(glad to admit he's addicted to Miles . . . and Ekaterin and Illyan
and Cordelia and Ivan . . .

On Jul 5, 2005, at 4:00 AM, Kale wrote:

> I've read "The Hallowed Hunt."  It's set in the same world with the
> same gods,
> but it's not a sequel.  It wasn't until I started reading some of
> the spoilered
> messages on the LMB ML that it occurred to me to wonder if it was set
> during the same period.  I believe it's set a few hundred years before
> Curse of Chalion and Paladin of Souls.  Different country.
> Different feel to
> the magic, as well.
>
> Kale
>
> At 04:04 PM 7/4/2005 +0200, Bettina wrote:
>
>> I just found out by chance that there's a new book in the "Curse
>> of Chalion"
>> world "The Hallowed Hunt" - has any one here already read it?
>>
>> Is it in the same time period as Curse of Chalion and Paladin of
>> Souls? The
>> description sounds different, and the mention of an ice bear made
>> me think
>> of Pullman...
>>

> --

-----
A boy will never be made to understand, of an evening when he is in
the midst of a captivating story--a boy will never be made to
understand by a demonstration based upon his case alone, that he must
interrupt his reading and go to bed.
-Franz Kafka
-----
Ian Riddell