OT: New Bujold

Ulrika Isacsson miri at home.se
Mon Jul 4 16:47:02 EDT 2005

liril at gmx.net wrote:

>I just found out by chance that there's a new book in the "Curse of Chalion"
>world "The Hallowed Hunt" - has any one here already read it?
>
>Is it in the same time period as Curse of Chalion and Paladin of Souls? The
>description sounds different, and the mention of an ice bear made me think
>of Pullman...
>

>Bettina

Spoilerish post, I guess. But not very.

I've read it and liked it. I couldn't find anything that pointed to
where in time it was set compared to the other books, and I really
wondered. If someone figured it out, please tell. A thing that was
different was that it was set in another country, bordering to Chalion,
with a different kind of history. The same gods though. The ice bear
isn't very Pullmanish.

//Ulrika