Off topic RE: Ballet Shoes (was RE: DWJ sans frontiers)

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Mon Jul 4 07:39:29 EDT 2005

Totally off topic.
Can somebody help me understand a joke in "Ballet Shoes"?

Mr. Simpson says to Petrova: "If anybody asks us why we are singing, we'll
say we are the S.F.S. league, the Stop, Front, Swellers."

I assume this is somehow about car parts, but I feel there's something
important that I'm missing here.

ObDW (far fetched): that bit where Vivian mistranslates her ancient document
in Time City, and writes something about tossing about old irons, has
special resonance for me as a translator.