Various (OT) thisses and thats

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Sat Jul 2 07:13:02 EDT 2005

Ania:

>  > Just to toss out a couple of brief responses to other recent reads, I
>>  thought _The Scarab_ was a very satisfying conclusion to the trilogy
>>  (and it IS a conclusion, thank goodness), if not quite as good as
>>  _The Oracle_ and _The Archon_.  She does a wonderful Underworld in
>>  it, which is sustained for quite a chunk of the book.
>
>Sorry, but who wrote these? Is it MWT?

No, it's Catherine Fisher - sorry.  She writes both this-worldly
fantasy (set in places you'd probably find familiar) and invented
worlds as well, and this trilogy is invented world.  Ancient
Greek/Egyptian feel, so similar in a way to the world of MWT, though
also totally different.

>  > Waiting anxiously for July, which will bring among other things, the
>>  new Jasper Fforde,
>
>Yes! I LOVE these.

It's not a Thursday Next book, just in case you hadn't heard that.
Sounds great though.

Hallie