Various (OT) thisses and thats

Anita Graham amgraham at it.net.au
Fri Jul 1 08:48:19 EDT 2005

> Before I hyper-ventilate away entirely - _King of Attolia_, due out
> in Feb. 2006.  Oh my!  (No author needed with that title, presumably,
> but it's Megan Whalen Turner, just in case.)

screamlets of delight.... (tired on the last friday night of term)
I can't imagine it at all...I'm so glad that Megan Whalen Turner can!

> For a really late addition to a long-ago discussion about books set
> in schools of magic, Patricia McKillip's latest, _Od Magic_, is
> another.

I'll watch for that one.

I also found
> Joan Aiken's _The Witch of Clatteringshaws_ a satisfying ending to
> the series, and a great read, if nowhere near the best of them.

I really enjoyed this one too and at least it did tie the series up.

> Waiting anxiously for July, which will bring among other things, the
> new Jasper Fforde,

and another one to anticipate with pleasure.

Thanks for a happy post Hallie.

Anita Graham