OT More Quizzes

deborah deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Mon Jan 31 08:42:38 EST 2005

This, sadly, reminds me of http://www.brunching.com/pornorpony.html :
The Brunching Shuttlecocks old "Porn Star or My Little Pony" name quiz.
I got 2 out of 12 just now, and I've *done it before*.

I cannot make this on-topic.

Musings on Dickens below.

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Gili Bar-Hillel wrote:

|SPOILERS FOLLOW
|

|Ven wrote:
|>I did best at distinguishing Bulwer Lytton from
|>Dickens -- 83%.
|
|I was TERRIBLE at this: 33%! Several of the Dickens quotes sounded simply
|awful to me.

This was the only one I even tried to do, and I rocked its world,
getting only one wrong -- the last, when I was no longer paying
attention.  It wasn't a matter of looking for quality but for style and
content, particularly in the B-L first person pieces.  "I have had a
classical education, seen the world, and mixed in decent society": what
Dickens character would say such a thing?  "I know not in any part of
the world, which it has been my lot to visit, a landscape so entirely
lovely and picturesque": Dickens first person narratives never get their
narrators to anywhere nice and rural.

But I didn't even look at the other quizzes, I was expecting 0% on all
those.  My artistic brain, alas, is limited entirely to literature.

-deborah
--
I'm not a roman, mum, and I never will be. I'm a kike, a yid, a
heebie, a hook-nose, I'm kosher, mum. I'm a red sea pedestrian, and