The Passage

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Tue Jan 25 06:05:13 EST 2005

Judith:

>I have just collected Connie Willis' The Passage from the library, and the
>last section of the book has come adrift from the spine. I am worried it
>might be missing pages. Is anyone able to email me the last line of the book
>so I can check if I've got the last page? (Alternatively, I have the Bantam
>US hardback edition, and it ends on page 594) I couldn't bear it if I got to
>the end and it was missing. It looks like a wonderful premise and I am very
>excited to read it.

Ros has already given you the last line, so I'm probably too late to
save you checking that way, but I also have the Bantam hb and it is
594 pages long.  As Ros said, you would *not* want to read _Passage_
unless you were sure you had every page!    Your post gave me the
nicest flashback of reading the book pretty much straight through
(though I did manage to put it down to sleep, I didn't while cooking
dinner, at some risk to physical well-being), absolutely and
completely engrossed.  For all I can see several faults with my
critical mind, it still blows me away.

Hallie