Elsevier

deborah deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Mon Jan 24 18:24:36 EST 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 HSchinske at aol.com wrote:
|Profile of the International Membrane Industry, Market Prospects to 2008
|(ISBN:185617414X)
|Sutherland, KenPrice: US$ 795.00
|
|    Book Description: Elsevier, 2004. Paperback. Fine/No Jacket. 3rd. Large
|Format. a new copy, publisher list price is over $1,400. Bookseller Inventory
|#021980

And, as someone (Jennifer?) said -- the authors of these things are
usually not paid for them.  Publish and we all perish, indeed.

Here's to the PLoS (Public Library of Science, http://www.plos.org/ ).
The US government has started getting very cranky that research paid for
by public funds produces papers that aren't publically accessible.

-deborah
--
Can the gods catch flu?  I think I may have given it to all of them.
					-- chrestomanci