Elsevier

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Mon Jan 24 10:55:11 EST 2005

>Elsevier *hiss*  *growl*
>> -deborah, who has been trained in library school to vilify
>> Elsevier as the figurehead of all that is evil in the Crisis in Scholarly
>> Communication (TM).
>

>I say, that was polite! I tend to say "Elsevier (spitspit)".
>Jennifer, who has worked in the periodicals department of an academic library.

Okay, I give up; why do librarians hate Elsevier? I was trained in
graduate school to think, "If Elsevier published it, it's probably a
legitimate academic book with some real content."

--
Margaret Ball

It's finished! The bead embroidery book is here. Lots of pretty pictures at
http://www.flameweaver.com/embeadery.html