Recommendation request

Ika blake at gaudaprime.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 10:02:45 EST 2005

Jacob wrote (following Alison's recommendation):

> I read the _Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants_ last night.  It was
> awesome!  Not at all sex-obsessed (which could have easily been inferred
> from the cover copy).  It goes to the top of the list of good books I've
> read lately.  Excellent recommendation, thanks!

I thought the second one was even better - do let us know what you thought
if/when you get hold of it... (Though we might have opposite tastes on the
sex thing. I really like writing about sex. That has nothing to do with
the second *Pants* book, though, which I seem to remember has less sex
than the first.)

Love, Ika (now mildly worried about having recommended *Tipping the
Velvet*, which I think has a fair bit of sex in, but it's a while since
I've read it and I don't really remember - the title itself is a[n
invented] Victorian euphemism for cunnilingus, though, which suggests it's
probably closer to my preferred end of the sexual-content spectrum than
Jacob's. Lots of other good stuff in it as well, though.)

--
"The White Cobra will take great pleasure in the black velvet mole."
- *Avon: A Terrible Aspect*.