trash vs literature

Ika blake at gaudaprime.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 06:19:53 EST 2005

(I've been away for the weekend at a job interview, hence late, randomly
ordered, and possibly completely irrelevant replies...)

Kathleen wrote:

> When I went to college (lived on campus for 7 years) I acquired a
> television set and it was frequently on, but my friends would comment
> that I didn't actually *watch* it. I'd study or read or draw or sew
> and listen while all my friends were glued to the set.

Since I finished my big giving-up-smoking tapestry I've watched much less
TV: I can only justify ridiculous anachronistic hobby by 'doing it in
front of the telly', and only justify TV-watching by 'having it on in the
background while I sew'. (Apart from DVDs/videos and a few programmes I
really like and have to watch with fannish attention, that is.)

Love, Ika (waiting for Season 2 of the L-Word to reach England)

--
"The White Cobra will take great pleasure in the black velvet mole."
- *Avon: A Terrible Aspect*.