Books we have read (no longer; Happy dance of joy )

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Sat Jan 22 22:58:29 EST 2005

> If anybody here has read John Verney's *ismo*, did you manage to work out
> which Bolting Madonna was which at the end?

Oh, gawd no. None of that book made any sense At All. Fun images, and would
have made a great swinging '60s "caper flick" with all   of the dodgeing and
ducking and cloak-and-daggering. But it's like I never was able to discern
whether there was any *point* to any of it, or whether it was just something for
everyone to do when they were bored.

Mind you I ended up with pretty much the same feeling with his other books,
Friday's Tunnel and February's Road as well.