OT: editing question/ SF Xmas book

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Sat Jan 22 15:17:57 EST 2005

On Saturday 22 January 2005 20:52, Dorian E. Gray wrote:

> Well, about 10 or 12 years ago, the going rate for translation was
> between 50 and 100 pounds per page (I found this out because I was
> doing some translation at the time).

*Pounds*? Per *page*? When I was translating computer books, about the
same time, I was paid 6 to 9 *guilders* - and I think the GBP was about
5 guilders then.

(Or are those Irish pounds and are/were they worth an awful lot less?)

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 21-Jan-2005