Somebody is doing a book search.

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Sat Jan 22 15:10:12 EST 2005

Someone sent me an inquery regarding a children's fantasy book that she is
trying to find. It rang no bells with me, but it sounds unique enough to me that
if anyone here *has* read it, they'd probably recall enough to do a
reasonable Google search on it.

>>I was wondering if you could help me locate a children's book I fell in
love with years ago. I don’t remember the title, but I do remember the plot -
mysterious and spooky. I have tried every buzz word I can think of on google and
amazon, but I come up empty = so here goes:

This was a book I read in the 1970's but was older than that - its story line
was about a girl who is in the hospital (an iron lung perhaps) who has no one
to talk to and nothing to play with until she is given a pencil and a pad or
notebook of paper -- she draws a mysterious land and when she sleeps she is
there - - she gives the rocks in her mysterious land eyes with which to see...
and the adventures start - -  towards the end, things turn dark and there is
another little boy in the dream world - (and apparently in the hospital) - and
before she is released she draws the pencil into the last drawing so that the
little boy can have it - it appears in the dream world and when she awakens its
no longer in her hospital room.

I assume because there was reference to an iron lung that the book is pre
1970s and perhaps British - if you have ANY ideas as to the name or author of
this book, I would love to re-discover it again - - it was mesmerizing.<<