trash vs literature

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Sat Jan 22 11:59:09 EST 2005

Margaret said...

> This reminds me of one circumstance in which I did like to watch TV.
> Some time in the late sixties/early seventies I was sharing a house with
> a girl whose brother-in-law was a doctor, and if you could get him to
> come over and sit down after dinner, he turned medical shows into active
> entertainment. The poor man was always leaping up and down screaming,
> "Not that way, you're going to kill him!" or alternatively, "Why are you
> bothering, he's been dead since before the last commercial?"

Heehee.  I like doing that to disaster movies (I have first-aid and rescue
training, not to mention for more sense than most disaster-movie
characters).  I had an absolute ball with "Castaway", a movie in which the
main character ought to have died before the film was half over.

(Needless to say, I *never* go to see disaster movies in the cinema.  I'd be
thrown out.)

Dorian.