Happy dance of joy

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Sat Jan 22 10:26:15 EST 2005

On Saturday, January 22, 2005, at 04:36 AM, Paul Andinach wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:
>
>> Even just having the same first letter leads to "Max -- Mar -- Rup
>> -- Dashitall Minnow!"  (Max, Martin, and then the *dog* Rupert!)
>> from my mother in my childhood.
>
> Pfui. My mother did/does that all the time, and none of us have
> matching initials...

Really it's the same thing as the language slot discussion.  Our
brains have slots.  For example, many people have a 'Dog's Name'
slot.  When calling your dog, you may come up with the name of
any dog you have ever owned.  Or the 'Partner Slot'.  My brother
called his second wife by his first wife's name at his second
wedding reception.  My partner occasionally calls me by her
previous partner's name.  Etc.