trash vs literature

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat Jan 22 06:28:55 EST 2005

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Margaret Ball wrote:

> Allison wrote
>
> > My boyfriend and I enjoy mocking tv shows and movies when they are
> > portraying "computer hackers".  It's just *so* laughable.
>
> Oh yes. There was some film a few years ago - don't remember the
> name, but it must have been five to ten years ago because I remember
> having to take the girls to see it - where the final sequence
> involves our hero reaching the heart of the alien ship and UPLOADING
> A VIRUS into their computer.

That would be 'Independence Day' (also known, for reasons that I
hopefully need not go into here, as 'ID4'). I've heard that the way
they defeated the aliens was supposed to be a modern homage thingy to
'The War of the Worlds', but I've never seen that officially
confirmed.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."