trash vs literature

deborah deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Fri Jan 21 23:34:13 EST 2005

|On Thursday, January 20, 2005, at 03:48 PM, Katie Meyers wrote:
|
|> I am learning Spanish in school.  We have read chapters from Don
|> Quijote.  My grandpa says I should have taken French because there is
|> more Literature.

I was talked into French instead of Spanish and I will always regret it.
First of all, lit: golden age of spain?  Masses of great literature.
Unless you're a philosopher, you should be fine with Spanish.  Secondly,
Spanish is my region's second language, and I sure as hell wish I could
communicate with everyone I meet.  Whatever your feelings about whether
or not people around you should know English, it's still handy to speak
the language of the people around you.

ObDWJ:  Oh, I'm too tired.  I can't think of one.  Here's a challenge:
someone relate this to DWJ.  I dare you.  Actually I went to school with
a Spanish translator, convinced her to read DWJ, and she convinced her
publisher to let her translate DWJ into Spanish.  Go me!

-deborah
--
"I assume that some great catastrophe has occured that would
require us to sit upon a weeping lady?"