Happy dance of joy

Ian Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Fri Jan 21 14:53:25 EST 2005

On Jan 21, 2005, at 12:32 PM, Robyn Starkey wrote:

>> PS Talking of "The Grand Sophy", does anyone else think that Miles
>> Vorkosigan is descended from Sophy Stanton-Lacy?
>>
> Well, clearly Cordelia is, so Miles must be.
>
>> PPS all you women swooning over Miles Vorkosigan, when I keep
>> expecting
>> you all to fall for Gregor.  Oh well...
>>
> I think Gregor is quite swoon-worthy. He would certainly make a better
> husband than Miles. And we all know from Cetaganda that Ivan is
> extremely GIB.

I watched the webcast of Bujold's session at last year's National Book
Fesival.

Go here: http://www.loc.gov/bookfest/04/cybercasts/

and click on her name under "Fantasy and Science Fiction". You'll get a
RealPlayer video of her 40 minute talk. Connie Willis and Neil Gaiman
and Neal Stephenson are there too.

One person asked her when we were going to see a book from Gregor's
point of view. I'm not sure I'm interested in that. I just want more
Ivan. Don't get me wrong, I love Miles, but we know how smart and
crafty Miles is. I love the fact that over the series we're realizing
that much of Ivan's facade of disinterest and stupidity is just that, a
facade. He can't have grown up with that mother and aunt and uncle and
not come out of the process with more brains than he often shows. I
know we got some of this in "Memory" and in "A Civil Campaign" but I
want more!

widdy

Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know
about yourself.
Aral Vorkosigan

Ian W. Riddell
iwriddell at charter.net