SF significant DWJ

Verity Cinnabar cen at shareable.org
Fri Jan 21 13:22:15 EST 2005

I think _The Ogre Downstairs_ is a little outside the scope of SF, because
the Science element is Hermetic Science (Latin names for the chemicals are
spell-descriptors rather than part of the scientific method). Some of the
experimentation is done in a methodical way (Malcolm), but that's far from
necessary in gaining the effects... Ginny happens upon various effects (vol.
pulv. & the invisible cake) and I think that the eventual deliberate discovery
of replicable invisibility depends on her accident.

Verity