Sharing some sadness

Ian Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Fri Jan 21 11:49:09 EST 2005

Hi,

I wonder if others on this list are having this trouble. I bring it up
because of the discussion of finding large groups of cheap books at the
Salvation Army and Goodwill.

I'm finding that I can no longer buy used books. My mold allergies have
gotten to the point that it's really uncomfortable for me to read an
older books that's at all moldy or dusty. My eyes water, my throat and
lips dry out, and I get quite tired.

The solution I came up with, of course, was to set out buying new
copies of all the used books I've bought over the years (all my LeGuin
hardcovers!). My sensible partner, of course, suggested getting some
drugs for the allergies.

Have others had this problem?

widdy
Blessed Cecelia, appear in visions
To all musicians, appear and inspire:
Translated Daughter, come down and startle
Composing mortals with immortal fire.
W. H. Auden

Ian W. Riddell
iwriddell at charter.net