Happy dance of joy

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Fri Jan 21 10:57:59 EST 2005

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 03:52:08PM +0000, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

>I'd add *Friday's Child*, *Faro's Daughter*, and *Cotillion* to his five,

I certainly wouldn't argue with those, but would agree with other
posters that Cousin Kate and A Civil Contract are to be avoided until
one's got a bit into the swing of things.

>There are two that are more Regency-historical than the rest.

For my taste these are a bit information-heavy, but people who enjoy
Forrester or O'Brien might well get on with them more.

>ObDWJ: she shares with me a personal un-favourite: *Regency Buck* is early
>work,

It can work as the first book that one reads (it did for me), but it
might put one off...