Happy dance of joy

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Fri Jan 21 09:12:17 EST 2005

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 08:00:45AM -0600, Ian Riddell wrote:

>Where should I start with Heyer? Which book should I seek out first?
>
>My library lists 121 titles (some of those are different editions of
>the same books, mind you).
>
>What should I read first?

Broadly there are three categories: Regency and near-Regency romances,
modern detectives, and other (modern non-detective, and historical
non-romantic). Many Heyer fans (including me) stick largely to the
first category.

I would tend to recommend as a starting point any of Frederica,
Sylvester, Venetia, The Grand Sophy, or Arabella. All of these fall
into the first category. (They're quite different books within that,
mind you.)

Roger