Happy dance of joy

Belben, Philip ( Energy Wholesale ) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Fri Jan 21 03:59:57 EST 2005

Melissa and Allison have encountered some Heyer reprints:

> I saw those the other day in a Chapters.  I read the backs and was
> oddly not inspired to instant covetousness by any of them.  I came
> home and read some backcover type summaries on the web and decided
> they sounded good afterall.  So all I can say is that whoever wrote
> the backs did a terrible job. I think the only one I've read is Arpil
> Lady and that from the library awhile back so I did't recognize it.
> I shall have to go back and get them.

I had no idea Heyer was so hard to find over your way.  AFAIK most of
her historical novels are pretty continuously in print over here -
paperbacks by Arrow last time I looked - and my only worry is to find
hardbacks before my paperbacks fall to bits.  (First editions with dust
jackets typically L10 or L12, although I've picked them up for as little
as L6)

And as for the lost Heyers, I think the edition shortly after her death
was US only for copyright reasons.  So these are practically impossible
to find in Britain, and the only lost Heyer I have is The Great
Roxhythe.  (Which is a truly awful book BTW, for me anyway.)  I am
prepared to loan it out if anyone is interested.

Philip.

Internet communications are not always secure and therefore the E.ON Group does not accept legal responsibility for this message. The recipient is responsible for verifying its authenticity before acting on the contents. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the E.ON Group.

E.ON UK plc, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

E.ON UK Trading Ltd, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

E.ON UK Trading Ltd is regulated by the Financial Services Authority to carry out investment activities.

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432