Crap books and good books (was Re: Best Books of 2004)

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Fri Jan 21 02:56:43 EST 2005

On Friday 21 January 2005 00:04, Katie Meyers wrote:

> My school library seems to have forgotten
> that libraries include BOOKS.

That's an increasingly common failing of libraries. There was a piece in
the paper about the "new and improved" public library in Rotterdam, in
which the new manager was talking lyrically about the multimedia
features, the reading corners, the "living room for the city" function,
and then, as an offhand remark, said "of course, we've had to throw out
a lot of books to make room for all that".

Grr. I could have strangled the man, but I'm afraid it wouldn't have
helped any.

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 05-Jan-2005