Crap books and good books (was Re: Best Books of 2004)

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 22:21:16 EST 2005

I presume all you ferret fanciers are familiar with
this song;

http://www.geocities.com/johangambolputy/Song_FerretSong.html

The Ferret Song (I've got a Ferret up my Nose)

 The Ferret Song is one of my personal favorites.
Written by John Cleese and Graham Chapman in their
pre-Python days (it was for "At Last, the 1948 Show")
it will never cease to make you smile.

 I've got a ferret sticking up my nose
(He's got a ferret sticking up his nose.)
How it got there I can't tell
But now it's there, it hurts like hell
And what is more it radically affects my sense of
smell
(His sense of smell)

I've got a ferret sticking up my nose
(It starts singing when he wears his formal clothes)
I can almost stand the noise
But at parties it destroys
My hard earned and carefully cultivated social poise.

I've got a ferret sticking up my nose
(Worst of all it constantly explodes)
"Ferrets don't explode," You say
But it happened nine times yesterday
And I should know for each time I was standing in the
way

I've got a ferret sticking up my nose
(It pokes its head out every time he blows)
I can stand it for a while
Altough it's absolutely vile
It's not as bad as last week when I had a crocodile

I can barely see a bare-bottomed mandril
(Slyly eyesing his other nostril)
I really don't know what to do
But if he jumps in there too
I shall be the proud possessor of a nasal zoo
(A nasal zoo)