Characters who are Librarians

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 19:01:20 EST 2005

--- Judith Ridge <Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au> wrote:
I wrote

> > Another librarian in literature that occurs is a
> minor
> > character in Alyssa Bruggman's "Walking Naked". A
> very
> > unpleasant character who bars all users from her
> (High
> > School) library by meeting at the door and asking
> what
> > they want, If they are at all unsure she sends
> them
> > off, if they know the book they she she gets it
> for
> > them. She is of significance to me because she is
> > based on my predecessor at the school I'm at. My
> > daughter who was a student here in her era
> suspected
> > this was the case and when I had a chance to speak
> > Alyssa Bruggman (an ex-student) about this she
> > confirmed it. The incidents described all were
> real.
> >

> Sounds like someone I used to work with. Her name
> wasn't Marjorie, was it?

Right first few letters but not quite that name. Her
initials were MT but I'll not name her. The book
caused quite a fuss on the Aussie school librarians
list for the portrayal of the the librarian, I had to
tell them that I suspected the treatment was based on
a real person, which I later confirmed.

Jon