SF as the only significant literature

Katie Meyers kgmeyers at optonline.net
Thu Jan 20 17:15:17 EST 2005

My brother is supposed to do a Science Fiction Book Report for school.
He is 10 years old.  He was asking me if there was any sci-fi DWJ he
could read.  The report really calls for a book with very typical
sci-fi elements, because his class is  learning how to know what genre
a book is.  Of course, DWJ is not quite right for this, because her
books are so unique and harder to categorize.  But I was wondering
which book you all think has the most science-fiction to it?  Or, if
you have any other clearly sci-fi recommendations for my brother.  He
doesn't like scary books.