Enduring vs Enjoying

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Thu Jan 20 15:34:13 EST 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise wrote:

> Do they give you things like Mark Twain and James Thurber too?
>
> --
> -- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net

Well, I've been reading the British, because I only have so much time and
feel as though I am more familiar with the American to begin with, but
judging from the online ToC:

http://www.wwnorton.com/college/titles/english/naal6/NAAL_TOC.pdf

there is Twain but no Thurber.  Seems to support the time suggestion.  It
does look like Dorothy Parker makes it in, possibly because the humor is
bitter?

					---Kyra

---
Prometheus: "Grief for awhile is blind and so was mine. / I wish no living
thing to suffer pain."
			---Percy Bysshe Shelley, _Prometheus Unbound_