Crap books and good books (was Re: Best Books of 2004)

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Thu Jan 20 10:27:15 EST 2005

On Wednesday, January 19, 2005, at 07:37 PM, Paul Andinach wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Melissa Proffitt wrote:
>
>> Anyway, after the first of the year I finally read _The Bourne
>> Identity_ and it restored my faith in thriller writers.  :)
>> And poor Marie really got shafted in her character's translation to
>> the big screen.
>
> I'd already read the book when I saw the movie, and it was an odd
> experience: I kept thinking I ought to be upset by all the changes
> they'd made, but I wasn't, because it was a good film, well-made, and
> I could see why they'd made the changes they did.

Does anybody else in the world remember there was an earlier
film of this -- or it may have been a tv mini-series -- with Richard
Chamberlain?  I saw that, and read the book then, which I
totally don't remember.  I haven't seen Matt Damon's version
yet.

... the Bible is full of literature's two great
themes, love and death (as well as its
exciting cariacatures, sex and violence) ...

                                       - Thomas Cahill