TV- Earthsea

deborah deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Thu Jan 20 08:52:41 EST 2005

She said she *hated* it.  And not having seen it, I don't blame her.
The director brags in various articles about how the story is about the
epic battle of good vs. evil -- but it isn't.  Earthsea is possibly the
only classic epic fantasy series which doesn't depict the battle of good
vs. evil.  So watch the TV movie if you want, but when you get around to
reading the books (and you should, they are excellent), pretend it is
an entirely different beastie.

  "Only in silence, the word; only in darkness, light; only in dying,
  life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky."

Somehow Christian and yet Taoist at the same time, which I find so
funky.  Christianity inspired Taoism?

-deborah
--
Let me remember this, please, when everything else
goes let me remember a goddess laughing after love.