trash vs literature

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Jan 20 07:20:37 EST 2005

> I fully agree with Minnow about the Stupid Camera Tricks that get used in documentaries, but it only irritates me enough to switch off science ones, usually. Although there was one about Egypt [which are often the worst] that kept fading between normal and negative, and showing the same scene about 4 times in slow motion, that I reckoned was them showing that they didn't have enough content to keep people interested without playing silly buggers.

BTW-- librarians have been discussing the fact that news and other
'historic' footage is becoming basically ungettable for documentaries,
except if the documentary is being made by the network that aired the
film... between the copyright laws and the repositories' unwillingness
to license material for a documentary in perpetuity.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Lend our voices only to sounds of freedom
No longer lend our strength to that / which we wish to be free from
Fill lives with love and bravery /And we shall lead a life uncommon."
		-- Jewel, _Life Uncommon_