trash vs literature

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Thu Jan 20 03:15:41 EST 2005

>I think that one of the places that the open sewer idea comes from is
>that the thing can be left on; unlike the experience of watching a
>film, or reading a book, it will just keep going forever with things
>one didn't choose to see, and one has to take active measures to _stop_
>it from happening at one.

 Oh, I dunno. I've lost count of the number of people who have
breathlessly complained to me of the awful pornographic videos being
aired on TV these days....and then go on to explain that you can only
see these disgusting videos if you wrap your TV antenna in aluminum foil
and dangle it off the roof at a 66 2/3 angle between 2:30 and 3:30 am.

Oh well, come to think of it, that was some 10 to 15 years ago. These
days there may ndeed be an open sewer pouring into unguarded houses.
Remind me to ask Daughter-at-Home next time we're on speaking terms.

--
Margaret Ball

It's finished! The bead embroidery book is here. Lots of pretty pictures at
http://www.flameweaver.com/embeadery.html