Crap books and good books (was Re: Best Books of 2004)

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Thu Jan 20 03:12:17 EST 2005

>Sometimes it's not such a good idea to get to know writers whose work
>>one liked.
>

>It's just as bad knowing writers one really likes and having to skate round
>ever mentioning that one doesn't entirely get on with their books.

I developed a system for commenting on gift books: Know how it starts,
know how it comes out, and think of something nice to say about the
middle. That usuallly satisfies all but the true leeches, who want to
know *exactly* how you reacted to Christianella's rejection of the Lord
Primary of Astellar in Chapter 13. Anybody got a solution for that?

--
Margaret Ball

It's finished! The bead embroidery book is here. Lots of pretty pictures at
http://www.flameweaver.com/embeadery.html