Americanisms (was RE: Sorcery and Cecilia and Desert Island books)

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Thu Jan 20 01:33:58 EST 2005

Minnow wrote:

>(long description of formidable perambulator)

I think that's exactly what's portrayed in the illustrations of Mary
Poppins. Something like that, in good condition, would probably fetch a
pretty penny today, no?
Apologies for not answering sooner, I came down with a nasty flu and have
been running some of the highest temperatures I've had in my adult life. Now
that I'm clocking in at a mere 38.5 C rather than 41, I can actually keep my
head steady while sitting upright.