Crap books and good books (was Re: Best Books of 2004)

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jan 19 21:37:02 EST 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

> Anyway, after the first of the year I finally read _The Bourne
> Identity_ and it restored my faith in thriller writers.  :)
> And poor Marie really got shafted in her character's translation to
> the big screen.

I'd already read the book when I saw the movie, and it was an odd
experience: I kept thinking I ought to be upset by all the changes
they'd made, but I wasn't, because it was a good film, well-made, and
I could see why they'd made the changes they did.

But I still prefer the book. For one thing, it's got David Webb in it.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."