trash vs literature

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Wed Jan 19 17:55:03 EST 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Katarina Hjärpe wrote:

> God, is there no one who *does* watch TV? I'm starting to feel like a freak
> for loving my TV nearly as much as my computer and the library.

Oh, no worries. My current required weekly viewing is Gilmore Girls,
Veronica Mars, Lost, Alias, and Joan of Arcadia. Since Alias is
conflicting with West Wing, we're taping the latter but losing patience.
Most beloved are Veronica Mars (I am *so* glad it got picked up for a full
season) and Joan of Arcadia, especially now that Joan is rebounding from a
disappointing beginning of second season.

I do much less sit-and-watch-the-tv now when I'm tired than I did when I
lived with my parents and had cable. Ah, the Style Network, how I miss
thee. And also eighteen zillion different movie channels. Now, I spend
even *more* time on the computer. Or catching up on newspapers. Which I
will now go do some of.