trash vs literature

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jan 19 16:42:51 EST 2005

> God, is there no one who *does* watch TV? I'm starting to feel like a freak
> for loving my TV nearly as much as my computer and the library.

*grin* I do understand, even though I'm cognitively impaired to the
point that TV drives me crazy-- too much stuff, and too
time-restricted-- I can read so much faster than I can watch TV! So in
terms of visual literacy (the ability to follow things in a visual
format) I'm handicapped.

On the other hand, I was beginning to feel funny about the amount of
hobby research I've gotten done in the last 12 years before I realized
that not only do I have no pets, human or otherwise, I seldom clean my
house, and I don't watch tv or play computer games-- one has to do
something to fill the time, and I don't embroider. *grin*

> In fact, I had a couple of dates with a girl a few months ago. We didn't
> have much in common, but I didn't realize how hopeless the situation was
> until she revealed that she had no TV, didn't watch many films, and wasn't
> interested in speculative fiction. There was nothing trivial left to talk
> about!

I briefly had a serious relationship with a lover... which fell apart
when we realized that a videographer and a visual illiterate have
serious issues.

I'm now dating someone who doesn't read fiction. I try not to think
about it, as it makes me a bit nauseous when I do.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Lend our voices only to sounds of freedom
No longer lend our strength to that / which we wish to be free from
Fill lives with love and bravery /And we shall lead a life uncommon."
		-- Jewel, _Life Uncommon_