trash vs literature

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Wed Jan 19 05:54:13 EST 2005

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 11:38, Rowland, Jennifer A B wrote:

> (I expect I'll get quite as much begging for toys as I
> can cope with anyway. Cutting out one source means Less Hassle For
> Mum, which I feel is a very useful motto in parenting, and leads to
> Less Desire To Throttle Kiddies.) Jennifer

What worked for us when the kids were small was *never* to give in to
begging or whining. Not even *once*. They're nine and almost eleven
now, and though they can be pests they don't whine. The kids next door,
about the same age, whine all the time because they know it's a working
strategy: their parents give in eventually to get rid of them.

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 05-Jan-2005