Crap books and good books (was Re: Best Books of 2004)

Tue Jan 18 21:03:26 EST 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:59:13 +1000, Kathleen Jennings wrote:

>Melissa wrote:
>> Anyway, after the first of the year I finally read _The Bourne Identity_ and
>> it restored my faith in thriller writers.  :)  And poor Marie really got
>> shafted in her character's translation to the big screen.
>
>I agree! Although I couldn't quite shake the feeling that sometimes
>the author missed the exact word he was trying for, that his word
>selection was subtly malapropistic (I don't think that's a word yet).
>It didn't spoil the book.

I would agree with this.  There were some minor problems, but overall it was
very enjoyable.  (I didn't care for Jason and Marie calling each other
"darling" all the time, but then it was written in 1980.)

And "malapropistic" ought to be a word.

Melissa Proffitt